Monday, May 14, 2012

Congratulations Devin!

My older brother, Devin, graduated from the University of Phoenix in Portland on Saturday with a bachelors degree in Criminal Justice and Administration. I'm glad that I was able to take the boys down for the day so they could see their uncle graduate and get to spend time with family. Afterwards we went to Salem and had a little graduation party for my brother. Sunday, after a super yummy Mother's Day brunch I headed back home. It was absolutely a beautiful day for driving. I saw lots of trucks pulling their boats on the interstate. We got back in time to unload our car and head over to Mike's parents for an enchilada dinner. Mike and Dad helped prepare dinner and then Rex and Mike cleaned up the kitchen afterwards. My kids gave me some really nice cards for Mother's Day. In Dallas' card he said that if I was a bug he would eat me and I would taste good:) (he drew himself as an iguana) That's my Dallas!
To my mom: I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I'm glad that I was able to be there with you. I can't believe the last Mother's Day we spent together was 6 years ago when Elijah was blessed. You are a wonderful mom and I appreciate all the nice things you do for me and my family. You make every get together fun with all the extra things you do. We had a great time with you even though it was short. See you soon! Love you mom:)

2 comments:

Traveling Cooptroopers said...

Thanks so much for the sweet words Derrinda Jo! We loved being with you on Mother's Day and being with all of you for a fast, but action filled 24 hours!! I love having loved ones visit and we are always sad to see company leave. We always miss the ones who are not here with us!! We are just definitely looking forward to our reunion in July!! Oregon Coast, here we come!!

Elizabeth said...

Yay Congrats to your brother. That's pretty cool and I'm glad you were able to come down and spend time with your family. I really love the picture of you and your mom!!