Saturday, September 22, 2012

Back in Business Again

Mike's laptop, which I use to do all my blogging, was in the shop for the past week so I've missed updating a few "fun" moments. The beginning of the month my little sister, Desi, turned 29!
On my day off, I was able to talk the boys in picking blackberries from the Coatney's bushes and then on Tuesday Tam helped me make my first batch of homemade Blackberry jam. This jam is soooo yummy. I worked hard trying to get all the seeds out and did a pretty good job I think. The jam has nutmeg, cinnamon, lemon juice and lemon zest. It's definitely different but in a good way!
Dallas, our oldest baby son, turned 11! I decided that if the boys wanted friend birthdays this year we would do it. Dallas said he wanted one so we did a sports theme and a couple friends came. They had fun playing the wii, wrestling, and playing football outside. We also played a game about who knew Dallas the best and the boys got candy for guessing right.
The next day was Sunday and Dallas' actual birthday so we of course had a family birthday party with lots of family there. I made a spaghetti dinner, requested by Dallas of course, and then we had cake and presents. Dallas had made a point of letting everyone know he wanted football or running stuff. Needless to say he was quite happy when that is exactly what he got: warm up pants, running watch, running shirts, gloves and a hat for outdoor running and a flag football kit.

No comments: