Saturday, December 1, 2012

Merry December 1st!

The boys helped me make an advent calendar this year so we could count down the days until Christmas. On the back of each day I put something fun for us to do as a family or do for service for someone. I spread them around my menu calendar in the kitchen and the boys get to take off one each day. Brandon got to take off the first one this morning and on the back it said to make a gingerbread village so that is what we did. It was a little messy with the frosting but the boys had fun and can't wait to eat them (don't think they will make it to Christmas like I had originally intended). The kids are already excited to see what tomorrow's brings.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Fun stuff!
I remember how excited I was to tear off the paper link, or take the piece of chocolate from the advent calendar when I was a kid. I like the idea of different activities and service too. Memories are being made. :)