Monday, July 14, 2014

Oregon Vacation

Cody, Elijah and Brandon traveled to La Grande with my parents on their return trip home from being up here for Desi's baby shower and Mike's graduation in June. Dallas and I went and joined them 2 weeks later to spend some time and have a little vacation. We did lots of stuff and stayed pretty busy the whole time. Besides all the fun things my parents did with the boys before Dallas and I arrived, our visit included: camping, hikes, water park fun, trips to the Veterans Memorial pool, visits with (great) grandpa Bob, visiting different places that held special meaning for Mike and I while dating, a trip to Elgin so the kids could see where I grew up and getting to know their 2nd and 3rd cousins.
This is the Veterans Memorial Pool in La Grande.
This is one of our visits to Riverside Park. The boys wanted me to spin them on the merry go ground. They didn't want to stop despite feeling sick.
We stopped by and saw my good friend Julia before heading out to Elgin. I was able to treat the boys to ice cream cones from Czers In and Out, where I worked during High School.
Here we are at the Waterpark in Pendleton, OR. The cousins joined us after their older brother finished his baseball game. We all got a little burnt despite wearing 50 spf.
Dallas standing in front of KEOL at EOU. This is where Mike and Jason dj'ed during their year at EOU.
Our 4th of July hike up Mt. Emily and fireworks at the college. I didn't get many pictures of Dallas and Cody on the hike as they were always in front of us.
We had a potluck at the church with my aunts and uncles, Damon and Teresa, and Grandpa Bob. We played Cornhole and the kids had a fun game of capture the flag with Elise and her kids.
My sweet sister in law, Teresa, did my hair for me one morning. I forgot to get a before shot prior to the first cutting of the hair.
lots of camping pics. Dallas was the official fire starter and did a great job. We went on a hike up the Catherine Creek trail where we were staying, the boys decided to do the "bra" thing. It was not my idea. Aren't they precious *sarcastic*
thanks for the fun time grandpa and grandma Cooper.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Glad you guys had such a fun time.
Your hair looks awesome!