Saturday, August 30, 2014

End of Summer 2014

This week has been the last week of a lot of things here in our family. As I reflect on the summer and the many things that happened for our family, I realize that no matter how much we want things to stay the same, they never do. People get jobs or move away, kids grow up, new skills are learned, habits are formed (good and bad). I love my kids so much and was very grateful to be able to spend so much time with them this summer. Last summer I was working while Mike went to school so I missed out on a lot. Some of the things we accomplished this summer: Mike got his first per diem job at St. Josephs Hospital in Tacoma,Brandon learned how to ride a two wheeler, Dallas had his first scout camp, Elijah had his first Faith in God camp since starting scouts and Cody can finally dive:) We had lots of cousin sleepovers, bike riding, swimming, trampoline jumping, movie watching, x box playing, ice cream eating times. It was only fitting to do something fun today since it's the last weekend until school starts next week. I took the boys to Trampoline Nation in Federal Way. It was super fun. The boys had a great time. I think basketball and the half pipe were the favorites of the boys. After our hour was up they were definitely tired and ready for some food. We ended our fun day by going to Red Robins. It's been sort of a tradition to go to Red Robins when school gets out or is starting again. When school starts on the 3rd, Dallas will be in the 7th grade, Cody-5th, Elijah-3rd, Brandon-1st. We attended their open houses and got the kids all registered on Tuesday so they are good to go.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That trampoline half pipe looks super fun. I'm glad you could have a fun day making great memories together. Your boys are lucky to have such a great Mom who puts her family first.

G'Pa Stone said...

Loved the school (grade classifications) pictures. Great idea, and glad the kids had fun in Federal Way. Sure makes me wish I were young again.=)