Friday, December 12, 2014

The countdown is on...

The boys have been very anxiously counting down the days until Christmas here. I can't believe how fast the month is flying by. We had a super busy week here so thought I would post this before Christmas is already past. We celebrated Tammy's 44th birthday on Sunday after FHE. Black forest cake was requested so I did my best. I've never worked with ganache before and trying to transport a 4 layer cake with whipped ganache frosting is actually quite comical. Let's just say it looked better before we left the house with it. P.s. Sorry about the picture T-it's the only one Brandon got of the both of us
Cody finally went back to school after resting for 2 days with a tweaked neck. He went back on a good day b/c his 5th grade team were awarded medals for getting 1st place in their division for flag football. He was sure happy about that.
Dallas also had his winter band concert. He is playing the tuba now and enjoys it, although it's quite a bit larger than the trombone and has a hard time when it comes to practicing as he can't hold it well without the stand that is provided at the school. This is the best picture I could get of him, while he was walking in no less. After he sits down in his chair...it's all tuba:)
Of course Elijah and I had to take a selfie while we were waiting for the concert to start.
Elijah is so excited for Christmas. He has written a few letters to Santa now: This one made the final cut. He also loves to wear our Santa Suit and goes around delivering his toys to his brothers.
I had a job interview with the school district yesterday for a sub lunch lady:) It went fine. I should know in the next few days what they think. On my way home though, I saw this beautiful double rainbow. I couldn't capture it all but I saw the whole arch. It was pretty awesome. Wish I could've caught the whole thing.
Finally, I've started babysitting my niece, Haven, for the next little while. It's fun having someone to play with during the day. It's sure different watching a baby all day when you haven't done it for about 6 years though. You forget all the stuff you don't get done;) The boys love it though. She never starves for attention-that's for sure!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

The cake looked divine.
That tuba is huge compared to Dallas. I can see how it would be difficult to practice without a stand to hold it up. I heard he did a fantastic job at the concert.
Congrats to Cody's football team. That's awesome.
I am so glad Elijah is in the Christmas spirit and spreading some jolly Christmas cheer. Cute in the Santa suit.
I bet the kids love having baby Haven around. She almost looks as big as Brandon in that picture. Cute cousins.
Good luck with the job search. Glad you were able to get an interview with the school district.