Thursday, May 24, 2018

Bad Day

So this is the after picture. The Thursday before Memorial weekend I took the boys to Heritage Park, over by Rogers High School, and while the boys were playing baseball and I was on the trail...some awful person broke my window and STOLE my purse! I have never felt more violated....so infuriating. I rushed home and started calling my banks and all the cards that were in my wallet that I could remember to cancel. Whatever scum stole my purse had already spent $1000 on a credit card at Home Depot within an hour of stealing my purse and then the next morning when I had to do a fraud report at the bank they had done another $2000 on a different card. I have no words to describe how upsetting this was or all the trouble that I had to go through. I had to go to so many places getting new ids, setting up new accounts, calling the credit reporting agencies and putting holds on my accounts and everything else. I couldn't get my window fixed for a week so the boys and I took everything out of the van in case it got broken into again while sitting at our apartment. Luckily it never rained once while this whole ordeal was going on and my sweet friends, Bill and Tracy Langley, asked if they could pay for my window to be fixed as the insurance wasn't going to cover it. Love my guardian angels.

No comments: