Sunday, August 23, 2009

Busy Week

My first canning victory!

Dallas made this house and was real proud. He told me that I needed to put it on my blog:)

One last hurray before baby Miah arrives:)

Mike working on the Nova

I finally have some time to add another posting of the adventures from the week. It started out with Zumba and Mike working on restoring the Nova some more. I was also able to finish up Dallas' scrapbook and get some more pictures printed off at Costco (finally)....then on Wednesday my sister and I took the boys to the free movie up in Bonney Lake. The movie this week was Space Chimps and the boys were really excited-we had been waiting for this movie to come all summer. It was a two movie day for myself as I was able to go out with some friends, Maribel and April, and my sister in law, Juliet later that night and see The Proposal with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. It was a cute movie. I also had my first experience with canning this week which was really exciting for me. My first undertaking was tomatoes and I think they turned out pretty well. Can't wait to try them out when I use them in homemade chili this winter. I am going to attempt peaches and apple pie filling this week-hopefully they will be just as easy. Last night my sister Desi and my sister in law Juliet and I traveled to Kirkland to see Mike play at the Shark Club. It was packed and really a lot of fun-by the third set though we were on the couch because our feet were killing us. Well onto another week.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Tell Dallas good job on the house he built. Way to go with the canning. That's awesome that you did it.

Traveling Cooptroopers said...

Very proud of you Derrinda Jo!! I knew you could do it!! They all sealed up okay? Hey Dallas, that is a way neat house. Bet you are excited for school to start!! Love to all!!