Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Dallas Isaiah!

Happy Birthday Dallas-WE LOVE YOU!!!

Make a wish Dallas

Dallas being really excited about one of his many presents

Birthday hug from Cody and Elijah

Eating dinner with our camoflauge table setting and decorations...it was an army themed party!

Our snake cake complete with a half eaten mouse:)

Today we celebrated Dallas' 8th birthday. I can't believe my first born son is 8 years old! It does seem like only yesterday he was 2 and we would lay on the couch and watch Sesame Street and Calliou while he got ready for his afternoon nap. I miss those days...now he is a full blown second grader that loves motorcycles, cars, guns, x box, skateboarding, (well pretty much anything that has to do with boy stuff)...I'm so lucky to have Dallas in my life and to get to share so many wonderful things with him. He is constantly teaching me and making me think about things in a different way. I love you Dallas. Happy birthday sweetheart:) *On a side note...the kids in his class loved the cupcakes and he had a real fun party with family out at the Stone Property tonight. We had lasagna for dinner-special request from the birthday boy-opened some awesome gifts from family-and ate a cake that looked like a snake. Michael helped me decorate the cake last night. It was fun being able to be fun and do something creative with my sweetie.

5 comments:

Traveling Cooptroopers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Traveling Cooptroopers said...

Hey there!! Sure looks like everyone had a terrific time at the birthday party! Loved all of the cute pictures. What an awesome cake!! You are really becoming quite creative. I bet Dallas LOVED the cake. Such a good Mommy to do all of it for him. Wish we lived closer so that we could enjoy all of these fun times too. We really look forward to seeing everyone in just three weeks and spending time together. Love to all and again Happy Birthday Dallas!!

Michael said...

Man, you must have had a professional helping you with the design of that awesome snake cake. Especially the fierce looking head! Happy birthday Dallas! I can't believe how big you are getting already! I love you.

Lisa said...

The cake was awesome. I especially like the mouse in the snakes mouth and the #8 on his head that blended right in to look like the design of the snake head. It turned out super cool. Good job Mike and Derrinda.
Dallas was sure excited yesterday. I am glad he had a fun birthday.

Oh, and it was super cute of Elijah to go around hugging everyone and saying, "Thank you for Dallas' birthday."

Traveling Cooptroopers said...

Yes, Mike, I hear that she had a professional helper in the kitchen!! You did an EXCELLENT job as her assistant. Nice finish work on the snake. Team work is awesome. Love ya!