Friday, September 30, 2011

Our Big Adventure






Wednesday was my last day of work at the Holiday Inn so I told the boys I would be taking them on an adventure that day. Little did they know that I had booked a suite at the hotel that night. (When I was first hired there they gave me a complimentary coupon to stay at the hotel "to experience what the guests experience", so originally I had planned to give it to someone as their wedding present but since the date of the wedding wasn't for sure and I was quitting due to problems it was causing to my back I had to use it before I was not longer employed there.)
I asked the kids if they had to leave the house in minutes and had to pack only one change of clothes what they would take and to go get it so I could see. Dallas kept asking me why and if I was going to burn the house down or something...silly ol' Dallas...well I told them we were leaving and didn't know when we were going to get back but to grab their bookbags and swimming trunks...then the motors really started turning...are we going to wild waves? the great wolf lodge (I wish;) and I just kept eluding the questions...we stopped at Wal Mart to pick up some supplies i.e. popcorn, candy, soda...then we decided we better get something for dinner since it was approaching 7 p.m. After we had everything I said we needed to stop by the hotel so I could get my last pay check and when I had a parking permit for the hotel they were really excited.
I could get any room at the hotel so I picked out a suite with 2 queen beds, and the pull out couch. Daddy arrived after his class in Tacoma and then we went swimming and in the hot tub. Even got fresh cookies on the way up to our room.
The boys had lots of fun and after breakfast in the morning we came back home in time for the boys to catch the bus.
Just a little fun adventure to show the family where I was everyday for the past 2 1/2 months. *Special thanks to all my friends and family members who helped watched the boys so that I could work for a while and figure out what our next step was*

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Wow...that was so nice of them to give you a comp room just for working for them. Sorry it didn't work out for you, but hopefully something bigger and better is waiting for you.

Hope your sister's wedding was everything it was supposed to be and more! Hugs!!