Saturday, March 31, 2012

Faithful Companion


We lost an important family member tonight. Our dog, Willie, passed away this evening. We have lost a wonderful, unconditionally loving, best friend. Willie joined our family shortly after we moved into 192 E. 850 South in Orem, UT. We knew our little Dakota needed a playmate after Mike's parents moved to Washington, taking with them their dogs-Duke, Panda and Suzy. Mike, Dallas, and I went to the local animal shelter and looked at lots of different dogs. But then we saw the most sad looking dog curled up in one of the cages. WE knew that this was our dog and we would love him so much. The first couple of days he was so quiet but after that he quickly made himself at home chewing up multiple garden hoses, digging holes, stealing Dallas' snacks and quickly won our hearts over.


Willie loved to love more than anything. He wouldn't really ever jump on you, but would want to lay on you and just sit there next to you. Of course he loved his treats too! And would almost take your hand off if you didn't pull it back quick enough-just ask Cody! A couple of things that I will always remember about Willie are how he loved everyone! He never started trouble and was always so good with the kids. Second, his favorite toy-Mr. Fluffles. One of the boys gave it to him and he played with that toy, carrying it around in his mouth, for days!!! Lastly, whenever he would hear a siren, no matter what kind, he would howl along with it. We would hear a siren and wait to hear him howl along with it. The next time I hear a siren, I know I will think of Willie and shed a tear. I love you Willie-good bye ol' friend.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

RIP Willie. My condolences to your family. Willie was a good, good, good boy. He was always wagging his tail and excited to see everybody. I'm sure he's having fun romping around with Tiger, Duke, Panda, and Suzy now.

Lisa said...

We were all upset to hear about Willie. He was a very sweet dog. He will be missed by everyone who knew him. I'm sure Dakota will need some extra love as she will be lonely without her best buddy. I shed some tears for Willard. He was one of the top best dogs I've ever known. I'm glad he had a good home with people who loved him.

JULIET said...

so sorry to hear of your loss. He was a great dog! my last time with him was going to feed him and dakota at BSS. He would get excited when I opened the garage door. I will miss him ! Have fun with the other dogs on the other side willard!.

Traveling Cooptroopers said...

We are so sorry that Willie has passed away. I know that hearts are hurting and he will be greatly missed. Hang onto the wonderful memories and years spent with him and let that bring joy to your hearts. We love you all and wish that we could take your sorrow away!

G'PA Stone said...

It has been a very hard day for me, with helping put Willie in his final resting place. I loved Willie as my own dog. He just had a wonderful personality, and was such a loving dog. There will always be a spot in my heart for Willie. Once he touched your heart, there is no forgetting him. It was with a heavy heart that I observed the grandchildren giving Willie his last physical hugs , before entering his final resting location. We all love and miss you Willie, and your faithful companion Dakota is so lonesome without you. The Lord placed Willie in your home for a very special reason, and it was displayed by all of you today. I could see through the years that the love and appreciation was a two way street for your family and Willie. I pray that you all will be comforted in knowing that Willie we be patiently waiting for your great reunion when the time is right.
Love,
Grandpa Stone