Friday, March 22, 2013

My Talent

On Wednesday we had a talent show in our Mia Maid class. The girls in my class are sooooo talented. All of the girls participated and showed their talents willingly. We have so much musical and artistic talent in our class among other things. Just to give you an idea of how cool my girls are: Shannon played the flute (she even did a beat box on it later on), Megan played the violin, Alyssa played 2 numbers on her trumpet, Genesis played the guitar and sang, Amber played the piano while her and Diana sang, Kaylee played the piano, and Diana and Kristin showed us their sketches they had done. Kristin does more facial and Japanese style drawings, while Diana does poses and real life figures. The leaders also showed off their amazing talents. I thought I would do something like decorating cupcakes. I first tried making mini chocolate cupcakes but the bottoms weren't flat and they really didn't look good:( So I ended up starting all over a few hours before I was suppose to be at the church. Instead I did a regular piping around the cupcakes and then attempted to make chocolate butterflies. I had the outlines for the butterflies done no problem but when I was trying to get the white chocolate melted it kept clumping up on me and just wouldn't work. I called my mom to find out what to do (she's always my lifesaver) and she looked it up on the internet and it said to put a little vegetable oil in the chocolate. Well it helped a little but as soon as I got it out on the wax paper it was clumpy again. I managed to pull the white enough to fill the wings and then stuck them in the fridge to set up. The girls were all impressed but I was a little disappointed as I wish they would've turned out better. I guess that is just like life though. Sometimes when you know you can do something, and pretty well in fact, and it doesn't work out...just keep trying. I tried my best and although I wish they would've turned out better, my girls gave me so many compliments and were so nice letting me know how beautiful and fantastic they were. I'm glad we have the opportunity to share our talents and improve on them. Just because I have one bad experience doesn't mean I won't try melting white chocolate again.

4 comments:

Michael said...

You have a lot of talents. You are very good with people and everybody likes to be around you. You always get tons of compliments (KUDOS) at Amazon from people who are impressed with you. You are beautiful inside and out and I'm so thankful that you are my wife! And I'm also glad the first batch of cupcakes didn't turn out to your liking because they were very tasty! :)

JULIET said...

Looks really good Derrinda! You are very talented!

Derrinda said...

You guys are sweet!

Traveling Cooptroopers said...


I think they turned out great!! Everyone is right- you ARE a very talented young lady! Always proud of the things you are accomplishing! Keep up the good work!!