Friday, April 12, 2013

Birthday Gift

My cousin Taylor and his wife Branda had their first baby a couple weeks ago so I wanted to do something special for them. Mike helped me by embroidering the baby's name on a blanket. I think it turned out pretty cute. It had a little giraffe print around the edge of the blanket. We also bought a pack of onesies that had the same print. Welcome to the family Elsie! I also wanted to post my post conference experience that I did with the kids. I ended up using an idea off pinterest that involved candy. I had several different types of candy and put different words on the jars with topics that may be covered in the conference talks. I then put the jars on the tv stand and then when the boys heard the word or the topic that coordinated with the candy, the boys got to take a piece. There were a couple times where one boy would hear one word while another would hear something else. I think the boys liked it. I even let them help pick out the candy so they would want to listen and get the candy. Last of all, I got myself an early birthday present. I had a coupon for bracelet that I saw online. It is my Alma Matter!

No comments: