Sunday, September 8, 2013

Flirty and Thirty

My sister finally turned the big 30! I wanted her to have a special day so we threw her a birthday party. The boys helped me decorate and my brother arranged a fun scavenger hunt that we played. I wanted to make something different than a cake so while I was looking around Party City I came up with the idea for cake pops. Although the cake pops were easy enough to make I didn't feel like spending $10 on cardboard with holes in it to hold them up. My mom gave me the idea for a giant rice krispie treat which was a really good idea. The only problem I had was around the edges it wasn't as thick so the pops starting falling over. I will know better for next time. Over all I think she had a good time and I'm glad that I could make her birthday memorable.
I actually cut a cabbage in half and poked holes in it to hold the cake pops up while they were drying (they were dipped in chocolate). That worked out really well. I ended up frosting the rice krispie and then added a ribbon for decoration**
These were some of the pictures of things we had to find during the scavenger hunt: .30 cents worth of gas-we had a sticky nozzle though and it skipped from .29 to .31:(
Picture of the Eiffle Tower
Man in a beard (real or fake)
Team wearing hats and sunglasses

No comments: