Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pretzel Time

I had a mix for homemade pretzels and last night decided to make them. I have never made them before but had fun trying something new and it was super easy. After the dough rested for 25 minutes, I rolled the dough into long ropes and did my best to make the famous pretzel twist shape. Once that is done, you drop the pretzel into boiling water with baking soda. This made the dough kind of rubbery looking...you only leave it in the water for about 15 seconds before placing on a baking sheet, sprinkling with pretzel salt and baking for 10 minutes. I am NOT a huge fan of pretzels but they tasted really good. I'll definitely make these again.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Those look yummy. Interesting about putting them in boiling water for 15 seconds before baking. I've never heard of doing that before.