Saturday, February 20, 2016

Time to Leave

With the selling of the house my wonderful family invited us to stay with them for a while. We moved in with mom, dad, and Tammy the last weekend in February. The boys and I share a room in the basement (but when I say room I really mean a room that is about 4 regular bedrooms in size) with a big closet and bathroom.  The boys were very excited to move in and be able to see grandpa, grandma and aunt Tammy all the time!  Selling a home is hard enough and getting it packed-although I've moved several times and have done pretty much ALL the packing myself, it's hard moving the furniture by yourself and finishing all the last minute things that need to be done like the many phone calls closing accounts, signing papers, getting inspections done, cleaning, repairs, etc. I had so many great family and friends that were always helping and I couldn't even imagine doing so much without them. I had friends come and help me clean, loan their trailer to haul my belongings to a storage unit, take items off my hands that I couldn't store, take loads to the dump for me for free and be there emotionally.  My brother Derek came over several nights in a row helping me take beds apart and moving furniture downstairs so when our ward helpers came things would be ready.  The boys and I invited a few of their friends over and Richie and Chanelle to have a little fun before we were officially out. We had a huge game of hide and seek in the house since there wasn't any furniture and turned off the lights. (We had glow sticks for a little light)
From this picture you can see some of the painting ( with chair rails) and beadboards that my mom and dad helped me put up in August before they left.
The boys playing a game of truth or dare with Chanelle before their mom picked them up.

Lisa watched the boys for me so I could finish cleaning the house before officially closing the door on that chapter in my life.  It was a very bittersweet experience for me to say the least. A lot of happy memories in that house but also a lot of unhappy ones as well. It was hard to say good bye one last time but thankfully the boys have been real troopers through it all. One day we will have a home again to call our own, but I know wherever we are together, it's home!

No comments: