Sunday, March 8, 2009

Busy Weekend

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Our Weekend
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

We had a busy weekend with my parents up from Salem, Or. Sure had fun and glad they were able to come up and celebrate Brandons first birthday with us. It was sure chilly but was able to have fun with the kites and all. I hope you all enjoy my first attempt at using fondant to decorate a cake. My friend Lanette helped me on Wednesday to make a batch of fondant and hopefully after some practice I will be able to become a more proficent user. Hats off to all of you who make it look so easy. I guess I thought it wasn't going to be so hard but let me tell you it was an adventure. I should have taken video of me and my mom trying to roll it out and add food coloring etc...Let's just say there was powdered sugar everywhere!!!! Can't wait to try it again:)

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That was great! The cake looked good. I've never been a fan of fondant, so kudos to you for using it. It looks like your parents had a good trip and Brandon had a good birthday.

Lisa said...

Cool slideshow. Glad your parents could make the trip and that you had a fun weekend together.

JULIET said...

i love fondant! i always was amazed how smooth it looked on cakes. i would love to have a cooking lesson on it ! glad your parents had a great time!

Traveling Cooptroopers said...

Sure glad that we were able to come and join in the fun and celebration. Thanks for everything and it was great to see Mike's family again and enjoy each other's company. Your little sons are growing up so fast and changing so much. Enjoy! Enjoy!! Love to all!

Anonymous said...

Derrinda Jo, you have a wonderful family, and we always enjoy our visits with your Mom and Dad, and of course Desi. Wish every weekend could be so much fun. Little Brandon had lots of fun on his first birthday.

Lauralee said...

fun pictures.. what a fun weekend it sounds like! your boys are so cute!

Amy (Church) Thulin said...

I have never been brave enough to try the cake decor thing. I just make friends with people who do. :) Have you ever watched that show Ace of Cakes? That show is so cool. It was so good to see you again at April's shower. Keep in thouch.