Saturday, October 13, 2012

Emerald City Open Cross Country Meet

Mike, Juliet and Aaron decided to do this race up at the Woodland Park Zoo this weekend. It was fun seeing all the college teams and running clubs who take running to the next level. Mike had prepared the boys since the night before saying that he wouldn't be winning this race but he did do great keeping up with the pack. Mike went out at 5:30 the first mile and then finished the 8k in 28:53. It was a really difficult course, lots of hills the whole way. We are sure proud of our daddy! Mike decided to run with his neon green, Stone 5K,shirt so that we would be able to see him better. Aaron and Juliet both did well also. It was fun cheering for everyone. We are glad we were able to go out and do fun things like this as a family. After we left our gas light went on in the van so we had to get some gas. We pulled over at the 7-11 to fuel up and I ran inside and got the boys donuts and chocolate milk-after that the boys thought it was the best day ever!! I'm glad it took just donuts and chocolate milk to make them feel like they were the luckiest kids in the world:)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like Mike did awesome running with those college kids. I wish I could have seen it.

Dad/G'pa said...

What an excellent job Mike did competing with the college kids. Juliet and Aaron did great also. sure brought my memories for me from my collegiate days at Junior college and B.Y.U. Sure would have loved to have been in attendance (as a spectator of course). Congrats to all, and I wish I could have been there for the donuts and chocolate milk too!!