Thursday, October 11, 2012

Super deals!

I was checking facebook yesterday after my workout and I came across a posting from a member of the bishopric from our old ward. He was reporting that Albertsons in Bonney Lake was going out of business and everything was 75% off. Well as soon as I saw that I hurried and showered, called Juliet to spread the word and headed up there. It was a little crazy but not really b/c of the people. I had to go back out of the store looking for a shopping cart and asked someone for theirs since I saw them unloading it. People were using empty boxes in the store to put groceries in, strollers, carts, anything they could. I was really lucky to get a good size cart that I did fill up to the brim. They still had a lot of stuff to choose from. I got everything from frozen juice, milk, nuts, canned fruits and veggies, lunch meat, cheese, condiments, etc.. The worst part was standing in line for me. I was there for over an hour waiting in line. (I always pick the worst lines) Anyways... I loaded up my table with all of my loot minus a few frozen items that needed put in the freezer immediately. My receipt before the % off was $528.00. After my discount I spent $130. I got a lot of stuff and am super excited to get my pantry soooo full.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thanks for spreading the word.
It was awesome!
I think I'm done after 3 trips through the check out line (My first time through didn't really count because I only had the box and basket to carry my stuff in).
The lines were super short today. No waiting at all. Not much left on the shelves (although we still went out with cart loads) but all of the bakery items were 75% off today (sugar cookies, cakes, even tubs of their frosting). Those shelves were emptied in a matter of minutes.
It is nice to feel like there is somewhat of a stock supply of some items in the house.