Thursday, March 5, 2015

Birthday boy

Today our baby turned 7.
I was talking to Mike and how it doesn't seem possible that our youngest is that old already. I still remember his birth like it was yesterday. Brandon was born in Enumclaw. I remember telling Mike that I needed to push so he checked and saw Brandons head. He ran to find the nurse who in turn has to run to find the doctor as they didn't think I'd be pushing for a few minutes. After the birth of a baby, the world seems to go in slow motion. At least for those first few moments when you look into your newborns face for the first time. I'm so lucky to have 4 wonderful children whom I love more than anything. Brandon hasn't been feeling good the past few days and even missed school. Tonight he was feeling better and wanted to go to McDonald's for dinner. He had just put his last bit of burger into his mouth when he decided to throw it all back up. Twice. The boys were laughing while I was trying to clean up vomit
and keep the boys from making a scene. Our baby. He did feel good enough to want to go visit daddy at work and see the rooms and machines he uses for his job. We will be having a friend and family party later this weekend.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Poor Brandon. I hope he gets feeling better SOON. No fun to be sick, especially on your birthday!
It does seem impossible that he is already 7 years old. That's the birthday I remember best out of all my birthdays.

Tammy said...

HB Brandon! :-)

G[PA Stone said...

What a special child Brandon is, and he is smarter than a whip. Perhaps that comment of being smarter than a whip is showing my age, huh? I can remember when that handsome little man joined our family. What joy he brings to those around him. HB Brandon, and hope that 2015 is kind to you.
Love,
G'PA Stone