Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!



Wow...now I can sit back and relax:) Yesterday was kinda crazy with all the baking of rolls, cookies, cakes, etc....Now I can go to (the White House) Graham and just enjoy good company with my family. Aaron and Juliet are flying in today with Kingston and we'll be eating this afternoon. I was thinking on how much I am grateful for this morning while I was on my morning run (around bldg. C) and started thinking about all that has happened since last Thankgiving. We have had a baby, moved, went on vacation to Utah, saw my brother off in the MTC, had some crap to go through, became primary teachers, saw Dallas into the first grade, lost 43 lbs. so far;)watched our baby start crawling and even start to stand, saw Cody learn to use a two wheel bike, Elijah start talking non stop and very well. I am so blessed that I have healthy, smart, funny, loving sons. I'm so thankful for my wonderful husband who supports me and helps me to achieve my goals that I'm working on right now. I'm thankful for my brother who chose to serve a mission in New Mexico. I'm thankful for my sister who babysits for us every week and for Mike's family who are always taking turns watching our kids so that I can go and support my husband in his various gigs. I'm thankful for my mom and dad who raised me and instilled wonderful values in me that I can pass on to my own children. My family is wonderful. I love the family that I married into also. I couldn't have married into a more awesome family. I'm so thankful for all my girlfriends. I have never had friends like these before and I am so blessed to have sisters. I am even thankful for the many trials in my life because they have made me see what is really important and what I want out of life. I know that we are put here for a reason and I'm thankful for that knowledge. I love the gospel and am thankful that I can be a primary teacher right now and share what I feel and know about the gospel to our primary kids.
I would like to end with a quote that I like on my calenar. "Thanksgiving is a time of quiet reflection...an annual reminder that God has, again, been ever so faithful. The solid and simple things of life are brought into clear focus."

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for all the hard work you did to make the yummy food you brought for our Thanksgiving feast. It was all very delicious. We are thankful you married into our family. You are an awesome sister.

April said...

That was beautiful, Derrinda. It sounds (and looks) like you had a fun and delicious Thanksgiving! You are wonderful, and I am thankful for YOU! :-) Love ya!

Q'ner said...

Derrinda jo... you never let me down... you are so creative and always do an awesome job at everything you try. You are awesome! I love reading your blog and wish we lived closer together... love ya tons and miss you tons more! Hope you had a great thanksgiving!

JULIET said...

believe it or not, i just got around to reading this post! it was very sweet the things you said. i am too grateful for you to be in our family. you are so wonderful and we just love you tons! you are a great cook too!