Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Our Tree








I was so exhausted after fluffing a 10 foot tree (I may be off a little bit with the measurements) that I decided to put up our little 3 foot tree and call it good:) The boys don't mind it and it was sooo easy. I finally got our 6th stocking finished and hung up on our stocking holder also. I can't believe how 9 years ago today Mike and I went on our first date. We went on a scavenger hunt around EOU. It was fun. Mike sang to me on our first date, "In the still of the night". And I guess you know the rest. Well anyways...it was fun when I finished Brandon's stocking because I was looking at it and I was pondering how there were just the two of our stockings our first Christmas and then after that we always had more to add- now there are 6 plus Willie and Dakota's. What a wonderful life:)

8 comments:

Lauralee said...

cute tree! love that first picture! too sweet..

Elise and Rich said...

I love all the cute stockings. I have a feeling time is just going to go faster with every growing year! Crazy-huh? I will always miss our families white elephant exchange.

Lisa said...

Your tree is cute. I like Willy and Dakota's little stockings. Wow! I'm surprised Mike sang to you on a first date...we can't get him to sing for us...unless Jason is around, of course. Cool. I would like to hear that song Mike wrote and sang for you at your wedding reception. That song is awesome. I remember people crying as they listened.
Cute pictures.

Lisa said...

It was a 12 ft. tree you fluffed. =)

Tammy said...

Lisa beat me to it. I was going to tell you it was a 12 foot tree not a 10 foot tree. You underestimated yourself :-) your tree and stockings look very festive.

Kimberly said...

Hi Derrinda!
It's Mike's cousin Kim. Although we were both so shy growing up, we rarely spoke! ;)
You have a darling family. Time is a crazy thing, and nothing like a growing family to make it very obviously fly.
I love your stockings! I'd like to make personalized ones too. Did you paint, sew, stitch...?

JULIET said...

that is a really cute tree and cute stockings too!

April said...

Your tree is sweet! And I like the reminiscing, too. :-)