Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ward Party 2008






My sister Desi came with me and the boys to our ward Christmas party last night (Mike was playing a gig in Bellevue for a Microsoft Holiday Party). We ate an interesting dinner-not quite sure what it was....a scoop of rice with some sort of chicken gravy on it, then chinese noodles on that plus they had various toppings to put on it besides that. Some of those items included tomatoes, olives, peppers, and cherries. At least the rolls were good:) After that we watched a movie about an orphan who got an orange at Christmas. I'm only mentioning that b/c the tree was decorated with slices of orange that was on the stage next to us and it was really pretty. We also had a few musical numbers and a reading of the nativity followed by a special visitor. Cody was the most excited to see Santa I think. He wasted no time getting in line to meet the big guy. I had to go with Elijah who got a little nervous but finally said bye to him as he was leaving. All in all I think the boys had a good time; as did I. Wish Mike could've been there with us but maybe next year.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

The orange slices on the tree are a great idea for my pioneer tree this year. Maybe I'll try a few.
I like the Christmas Oranges story. Maybe you should come to the Orting Ward Christmas Party this Saturday too. =)

Tammy said...

Looks like everybody had a good time at the Christmas party. Sounds like a crazy Christmas dinner :-)

Lauralee said...

that's hawaiian haystacks.. it is seriously my kids favorit dinner.. the only topping they like is the shredded cheese..
the tree sounds pretty!

April said...

I'm "ditto-ing" Lauralee -- Hawaiian haystacks, for sure. I had never heard of that dish until a few years ago when we had it at a friends' house for dinner . . . life has never been the same since. My girls ask for it every week! Although I've never put cherries on top . . .