Monday, December 15, 2008

Surgery


So Mike had his eye surgery today. The last one thank goodness-no more pterigyiums! Woohoo!!! Everything went well and he was only there for about 50 or so minutes. I dropped him off at 7:45 a.m. and we were back home by 9 a.m. We actually would've been home even sooner than that but we had to wait for a nurse to walk us out. He's resting right now on the couch (starting to feel a little pain) but all in all he's doing good. Mike said it was a lot less traumatic this time because they actually let the anesthesia work a little before putting the needle in his poor eye.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Mike is much braver than I am--letting someone poke a big needle in his eye. It's not like you can turn your head the other way and not watch when it's coming straight at your eye!

I'm glad he got a better anesthesiologist this time. Hope his recovery will be quick and that he won't have to be in much pain. I bet he's glad to have that over with!!

JULIET said...

wow that looks painful! glad he made it out alive. hope he feels better soon!

Tammy said...

I'm glad your surgery went well Michael. Let's hope the healing process goes quickly. And that the surgery is a success.

Lauralee said...

ouch! hope he is feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

Sounds like the surgery went well. I would definitely have to say you are a brave soul to go back after your first traumatic experience. I would still be in post traumatic stress after that one. Good for you! Get well soon.

April said...

Wow! Um, I'm glad that they waited for the anesthesia work this time, too -- yikes! What a tropper! You are, too, D . . . I think I would freak out if someone was coming at my hubby with a needle for his eye!