Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Homemaking Time

I don't do it often enough but when I make something from scratch I feel so awesome!! I had the opportunity to learn how to make strawberry jam last week by a great teacher, Big T! I made 3 batches of freezer jam, and then a batch of regular jam but we ended up doubleing the recipe. Then the two younger boys and I made homemade laundry soap. After my dishwashing soap is gone I have a recipe for homemade dishwasher soap that I am going to try and a recipe for fabric softener. *Going back to the dishwasher detergent...I was highly impressed when I found out after I make the initial purchase of the Washing Soda and the Borax, my price, per load will almost be .04 cents! Yep, that's right....4 CENTS! When you are pinching pennies everything helps and I am super excited about this one.

No comments: