Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Elijah's Big Day

Mommy and the birthday boy


We had a fun day celebrating our little Elijah's birthday today. We went to grandpa and grandma Stones home to have our little party. We had balloons and fun decorations that Lijah wanted for his Handy Manny party. I made spaghetti bolognese and Caesar salad for dinner and picked up a cake from Costco. I ordered the cake "naked" and then decorated the cake by piping on my own tools. It was a lot of work (probably the most I've done on a cake before) but I think it turned out really cute. All day Elijah wanted to eat his Manny cake but then when it came time to eat the cake he didn't want any. Go figure! He sure got a lot of fun presents...thank you everyone for the nice gifts:)
Birthday Boy
Fun Party Decorations

2 comments:

Traveling Cooptroopers said...

Sure glad that Elijah had such a fun birthday! The cake turned out great and looks like everyone had a good time. You are such a talented cake decorator Derrinda!! Love to all!!

Hook's Nook said...

I can't believe how much your boys have grown! What a cool cake too Rinda! I sure miss you...we will be home for good June 30th...the count down is on :)