Friday, April 24, 2009

ScareCrow Cake



I made a cake for the Seattle Children's Hospital auction to be held on Saturday. The theme was The Wizard of Oz so I tried the best I could with a scarecrow cake that I saw on my Betty Crocker website. I think it turned out pretty good. I used fruit by the foot for the hair and waffle cones for the hat. I also used miniature peanut butter cups for the eyes with a dot of frosting for the pupil. All in all it was fun to make and was a learning experience.

9 comments:

J&LRodarte said...

I am impressed with your skills!!! Looks awesome and the multi-colored fruit roll ups are perfect.

Traveling Cooptroopers said...

Looks really nice Derrinda! You are very talented and creative. Your cake should bring in a lot of money and for a very worthwhile cause. Good for you!

Lisa said...

Derrinda,
That cake is super cute!
The hat is so perfect for a scarecrow...love it! You did a great job as usual. No doubt it will be a favorite at the auction. It's amazing that you are able to do these things with 4 active little boys running around! Nice job Derrinda--I'm proud of you.

Mercedes said...

That is sooooooooo cool!

Lauralee said...

that is super cute derrinda! love the hat-

Tammy said...

Job Derrinda, job.

melissa said...

Where was this auction? I would have loved to come. Your cake looks amazing!!! Miss you!!!!

Derrinda said...

I think it was in Seattle.....Miss you too Melissa:)

Unknown said...

So creative! I LOVE it!