Sunday, April 26, 2009

Night Out

Last night I went to Mike's gig with him after I was able to get Jenice Daniel to babysit at the last minute. I love watching and being able to support Mike- it just gets costly so I can't go and watch when him as much as I would like. Mike did awesome and put on a great show. Everyone is always amazed at his awesome abilities. It's always fun when they don't know that I'm with Mike and I can hear them saying how great he is. On our way up to Kirkland last night we made a pit stop in Federal Way to pick up some Handy Manny party supplies at Party City..(they didn't have any at the PC on South Hill)-the things you do for your kids for their birthday... After we got to Kirkland I walked around for a bit and visited a cute little used book store to kill some time while Mike had sound check. I was wearing Mike's black and white checkered hoody b/c it was about a half mile walk back and I failed to bring a jacket...well anyways...the older lady that worked there kept coming up to me and asking me where I got it and I kept telling her Kohls and she came up to me twice to ask how to spell it...I said it's a store like Macy's in the mall.. I think that was pretty foreign for her. After that I walked the 1/2 mile back to the Shark and talked with Mike until a little after 9 then I decided to hit a movie for a while...I saw The Soloist with Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Jr. It was pretty good except for the punk kids talking so loud that the manager had to come in twice to talk to them. I walked back after it was over and only missed the first set which was nice. There were a few real interesting people in the crowd last night-two die hard rocky horror picture show freaks which really ticked me because every where I would be they gravitated towards me and kept knocking into me....I even shoved one of them one time because I was getting so ticked off-at least that didn't happen until the very last song otherwise I might've started something! LOL As we were pulling into BSS last night we saw a tow truck pulling a little sedan off the rail road tracks -typical. It was a fun night overall and I was glad that I was able to go and get a much needed break from the kids for a while.

1 comment:

JULIET said...

i'm glad you went and had some fun with your hubby!