Wednesday, June 10, 2009

9 Years




Nine years ago I was married to my best friend in the Mt. Timpanoogas Temple in American Fork, UT. We first met, officially, at Wal- Mart. I know how funny that may sound but we never spoke to each other until that day. I'm so glad that I introduced myself back then to this "hot guy". I think we were prepared for one another way back when...We were crazy in love when we got married and have enjoyed the ride ever since.
Sometimes we have rough spots, times that aren't so pleasant and wish we could forget, but my love is eternal for my husband and I relish the moments we get to spend together. Michael always makes me laugh..he's silly, gentle, a good listener, a shoulder to cry on, a good teacher, caring, strikingly handsome, and one of a kind. Through all the trials in our lives (although at times I think he may be mine) :) I'm glad that we can share them and battle them together. I love you GaGa!
Happy Anniversary.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary you two!
I couldn't for the life of me EVER visualize or imagine the type of girl my brother would marry...until I met you Derrinda. You were the PERFECT match for him. He totally lucked out!
I remember the proposal and how nervous he was...we thought all the petals on that rose would be gone by the time he got down on his knee and handed it to you...he was shaking so much. Well, like they say, time flies when you're having fun! =) You two have created an awesome family and are doing great things. I hope you have a wonderful day! Congratulations!!

Traveling Cooptroopers said...

Happy Anniversary Mike & Derrinda!!
9 years already and the experiences of a lifetime. Enjoy the road together and never lose sight of the eternities and what is waiting for us there. You have a wonderful family, deep love and an awesome friendship. Continue to grow together and work side by side to accomplish those goals that you have set together. You two make such a cute couple and I am so glad that you can have such fun times together. Always hold hands and tell each other several times a day how much you love each other. Have a great evening out and Happy Anniversary to a great couple!!!

Dad Stone said...

Derrinda, that was a really cool posting, and congratulations on 9 years together, and four beautiful children. You two make for a very beautiful couple, and the day that Mike proposed at the Wal Mart was the beginning of a very special relationship. Keep those years rolling by, they only get better with time. Love you both dearly.