Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jr.

Today was a busy day for us. We spent the morning and most of the afternoon weeding in the yard and putting new bark down. We decided we needed something new and this was our solution. It really does the trick. Just one more load tomorrow morning and I think we can finish up for right now. We still got lots of work left in the front though (we want to pull up all the plants that look like they are creeping) and put new bark down there as well. After Mike's run tonight we loaded up the kids and saw a friend of ours at St. Joseph's in Tacoma. He just had his leg amputated this last week so we wanted to go and give him some encouragement and let him know that we are thinking about him. Jr. is a tenant here at Best Self Storage and always calls Michael "Prince Adam". I'd heard stories about Jr. but never actually met him until we moved in here to live. He is so sweet and kind and always has nice things to say to the kids and us. I love talking to him because he is soooo excited about the gospel. He is an assistant door greeter and he is always thrilled to tell us about it. Jr. has such a sweet spirit and I'm glad that we are able to know him and be his friends. The boys always talk about how Jr. went outside with them once while they were riding their bikes and he was chasing them in his wheelchair. The boys were so good in the hospital. We had so get all dressed up in yellow gowns, slippers, gloves, and masks because he was in isolation but the kids didn't mind. They actually loved it and wanted to take everything home with us. (I guess our kids don't get out much) Well I just finished my run so I'm heading to bed. I'm grateful that we are all healthy and together as a family. Seeing people like Jr. and their situations make me realize once again how lucky I am.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That was nice that you and your family could visit Jr. at the hospital. I'm sure it brightened his day!