Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Big Move

I flew down to Salt Lake City, UT last weekend to help my brother, Derek, drive a uhaul up here to Washington. He finally decided he needed to be by his awesome (oldest) sister hahaha. He spoiled me while I was there by buying me some really fabulous Lush products-facial scrub and bath bombs-but I think in retrospect he was preparing me for the pending arrival to his apartment. Granted he had packed about a dozen boxes, but he had soooooooooooo much more that needed to be done. I immediately started packing, and packing, and packing, and cleaning, and packing, and uhaul packing, and more apartment packing-get my drift:) We packed until 2:30 a.m. then took a break to drive up to the temple and see the BYU-I campus before heading to bed.
Derek drove to Montana where we stayed the night at a friends home. We got in about 9 p.m. and then she took us to a nice little Irish Pub in Missoula.
I ended up driving most of the way from Montana here, which was hard since we couldn't go much over 65 as the trailer we were towing would start to sway. I didn't like that one bit! My ankles also swelled up sooo much. I have only ever swelled like that when I was 9 months pregnant. It was so uncomfortable and painful to say the least. It took a couple days for my ankles and feet to recover. But alas, we made it and he is now staying in Desi and Nicks basement until he finds something else.

No comments: