Sunday, May 31, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes

It's always nice on Sunday mornings because we get to sleep in since our church meetings don't start until 1 p.m. Well this morning I must've been really tired. I was all excited to make fresh blueberry pancakes for the family since we never get to eat breakfast as a family with our crazy workout schedules and such in the mornings. Well I got the pitcher-filled it with pancake mix, an egg, some oil and water. I stirred it all up and then put in the blueberries. They were on the griddle and I was wondering why they weren't fluffing up. They were soooo flat! I proceeded to make the whole batch of pancakes wondering what was going on. I got everyone to the table, we fixed our pancakes and started to dig in. The boys were all very nice about it and didn't really say anything about them being flat-then Mike stood up and went and dumped his in the garbage. I said what's wrong and he said they tasted different and it was ok but he was going to eat some cereal. Needless to say I went to examine everything in the kitchen and I realized that instead of putting in pancake mix I had switched containers-must've been the tiredness-and had just made flour cakes with blueberries. That is something I will never do again!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh Derrinda, that is funny! Too bad we couldn't get a picture of you with your pancakes and Juliet with her cheesecake. =)
I think I would have been with the boys and eaten them too. I love pancakes in any shape or form and with flour, egg, oil, blueberry, and syrup..I bet they still tasted fairly decent.
Mercedes wanted me to make pancakes this morning, but I ran out of time because I was asked to sub in Primary and needed to look up the lesson online and prepare.
Blueberry pancakes sound good!