Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Our Track Meet


You know how when you see someone running and they are coming in last so you clap for them because you feel bad that they are coming in way behind the other runners? That is how I feel when I run at the track meets....I think of them as my "Humiliation Wednesdays". I am not a runner especially a sprinter by any means but it's fun to earn points for my team even if I am the slowest. I ran the 50 Masters and also the 200 Masters. I got second in the 50 and first in the 200. I've never run the 200 before so that was quite a difference experience for me but I figured I may as well since I wasn't able to throw the shot put tonight since we had to leave early for Dallas' coach pitch practice. Lucky for us we were able to get back to the track meets and do the last event. Dallas also placed in the 200 getting 4th so he was excited. Dallas and Cody also both did the long jump and Dallas did the softball throw. No points there but they had fun. Go BSS!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! Sounds like we should have stayed for the 200 m.!! Good job to both you and Dallas! Well, for feeling like you are the slowest one out there you pulled in 19 points for the team today! Not bad for 2 events Derrinda Jo.

Traveling Cooptroopers said...

You guys rock!!! Wish we could be there to see you all do your thing! Maybe someday! Good job Derrinda and Cody and Dallas!!